Wednesday 14 November 2012

WHAT WAS I DOING BACK THEN WORDS FROM THE MANIAC.... UNSEEN FOOTAGES!!!

What did you read back then?
I read pretty much whatever I could get my hands on…. By the time I reached High school I took to reading the dictionary because I was punished 3 to 4 times a week at school, so I needed to sound intelligent so that people would think that I was at school all day. So I would use words from the dictionary on my parents so that it would appear that I was very studious, when in actuality, hell, I hadn’t even been to school that day.
 
What kept you to detentions at school?

School and I didn’t really get along. I was a natural born comedian and I’m a very inquisitive person and I’m not a follower, I’m a leader. So if you tell me, for instance, that Christopher Columbus discovered America then it’s my nature to ask you, how he can discover some place where folks are already at.
 Now when you’re in school they ain’t gonna accept no shit like that. I was always bucking the system and kids would get a kick out of it. I would always go to the office a lot so I was sort of an outcast in high school. I was a loner all through high school.

While you were playing hooky from school, what did you do?
Just sorta walked around. If there were other kids out there fucking off, I’d hang with these kids and gamble. By the time I got to high school there were a whole lot of white kids so I’d hang with these cats while they’d skate around and shit.
 What kind of music did your parents listen to when you were coming up?
My family listened to the Blues. But my father has a beautiful singing voice and he was a guitarist. The guy used to sing all the time. When I first started this I used to sing just like my father. This was back when I had my voice. But my father has a beautiful, beautiful voice. He used to sing Isaac Hayes around the house all the time. I remember that as a kid.  In fact, he had a big influence on me back then. He’s the reason why I speak so well, because he spoke well and he was charming too. He annunciates his words real clearly. Even though he was a mixer of a Xhosa Tribe and a Zulu Tribe, you can’t tell by the way he speaks. My love of music comes from him. I think that in his heart of hearts he always wanted to be in show business because he would always remind me of how he was out on the corner doing his doo wop thing, singing with his homeboys. I don’t think that it would have been very easy for a black guy back then to even consider doing music in Durban. The world may have gotten in front of his dream.  I think that a lot of my getting into show business may have something to do with him.

What was your first exposure to Rap music?

My first exposure was “Rapper’s Delight.” That was the first I’d ever heard of Rap. It kinda seeped into me slowly. When I heard it I didn’t go, “oh, that’s what I wanna do. I wanna rap.” No, it wasn’t like that. Back then I was a young guy and it was what it was. I remember “Mparanyana”…. I used to play that song all the time.  But I really kinda got serious when Tha Dogg Pound came on the scene. Tha Dogg Pound had everything I wanted to listen.  Naw, let me take that back—
How did you come up with the name Sir Chuck Bone Da Maniac?
I was sick realistic bastard, who didn’t mind Encourage Risk Taking Behavior.
Who were the members of the Crazy Thought Production Crew?There were two of us in those days. It was me and Lolli and then later on we added Ntrazoh, D.O.T and Chris the Regulator. Later on we introduced a Hip Hop Show Djiing which was something that was happening every 25th of December for entertainment.  And that Hip Hop Show consists of Three Dj’s who had a different concept of genres of Commercial Rap, Old Skool Rap and Underground Rap and that’s how we ended up working together. And one year later, the shit ended up happening annually.
Was the crew part of a Maniac Society at the time?
Naw, Maniac Society hadn’t quite formed just yet.  It was just me Chuck Bone Da Maniac it was real craziness so it wasn’t concrete yet. As a matter of fact, right before I got there the original member it was me. Crazy Thought Production in the Hood used to freestyle and record was just slowly starting to make noise underground. That’s the reason why you never saw me in videos or muthafuckas never really talked about me. I was really serious about the group and creating the Maniac Society at the same time.
Was it your intention all along to be a solo act?Not really!!! But Yes. I am a solo act in a different manner, especially when it comes to designing. I’m a member of different groups (Crazy Thought Production, Maniac Society and Maniac True-Lies Times)…although I am, I’m not because while I was freestyling with Crazy Thought Production I was compiling my solo Lp to discover my own strength as an artist. I was meant to be a solo artist in this bitch. My time was coming and when it came I was going to go home and start my own situation like Artists. That was my plan.
Did you write any of the early Crazy Thought Production and Maniac Society stuff?Most of that early Crazy Thought Production shit, it was just freestyles. Songs like “King of a Castle and Sgora Ngenkani” and the Maniac Society Stuff which is Maniac Magazine and Maniac True-Lies Times was written and published by me.
You’re saying that you wrote some of Maniac Magazine?I wrote most of Maniac Magazine and Maniac True-Lies Times “Sick Weird News Network”, which is basically what I’ve wanted to do for years.
Which is your favorite Maniac Magazine publishes?“Maniac Magazine Just Another Day In The Life Of Chuck Bone – Drug Habit I Picked Up At High School” especially the magazine cover, quite interesting when you look at it.   
When did you all started working on your Masterpiece Reality “All Walks Of Life”?
After we put out the King of a Castle record and I started working on my record, every night writing. It was the natural progression. I was the best thing that I had in that camp, so that’s what we were going to put out.
Can we talk a little bit about the accident that altered your legs?We were doing 180km/h; “Intoxicated” and we didn’t make it around the bend. That’s some crazy shit for real. When you woke and found out that you weren’t able to walk, for a maniac that has to be devastating… Anything that a muthafucka tried to tell me or any help that a muthafucka tried to give me or words of wisdom that a muthafuka was trying to give me, I probably wasn’t accepting it. It was alcohol everyday to chase the pain away, that shit hurt me deeper than words can ever say.
Tell us about the transition from Crazy Thought Production to Best Parent Entertainment and Team World?I and Alien Dunga had been working together for a while, and he approached me to be part of the team world.
Was Lolli your bodyguard?He was more like a brother of mine. They say he was a bodyguard, but I never paid the brother no money for body guarding me. He was just a friend really, a guy who hung around, smoke around, drank with. We went places, we kicked it. We had started trying to do business together.
What is your formula for writing a good lyric?
When you mess around with Sir Chuck song then what you’re basically getting is a book that lasts about four minutes. It’s a story. It has to have a beginning, middle and an end. It has to all tie together. It’s just like a movie whether it be a drama, a comedy or a comeback story like Rocky. Everybody wants Rocky to win. Go Rocky. He was beating the shit outta Mr. T and we didn’t give a fuck about Mr. T. And we Black!  We was suppose to been saying kick his ass, but we want Rocky to win, because that’s a part of the story.
Drama is a major part of the story for you?
They say all the time that sex and violence sells.      
Speaking of sex and violence, rap music came under great fire during your my heyday.
What made you turn your life around?It was a process. Shit, it’s like being an alcoholic.
Tell us is there any new Label, Magazines and the Album?There’s no new label still Crazy Thought Production. The crew members want to experience soloist. And with the connections that I been able to accumulate and the knowledge that I have acquired and the talent that I’ve assembled there ain’t nothing that we can’t do, not nothing. 
A lotta of the freestyles were done, was just recording. We did that on purpose. Some of that shit that we did was because that was the mind frame that we were in at the time. It may have been drugs, drinking; fucking hoes…you know whatever. I didn’t make that up. That was going on before I got corrupted by it. But I’m a spiritual guy, always have been. I was never no gangsta, gangsta kinda. Most important parts of that shit coming to light musically, that’s not in my nature. I’m a good guy. I love my mama. Some of this stuff I could never say around my mama. Some of this stuff I would never want my mama to hear, but these are records. This is my job.
What plans do you have for yourself as an artist?I have plans. I have serious plans in the back of my mind to separate myself from any artists in the history of arts industry.
You’re saying there will be another Maniac Album?Yes, there will be one and it will fuck you up because the idea is fucking me up.

Can you talk about it?No, but you’re getting pieces of it. You see it’s all been a confidence thing. That’s the trip part about it I’ve been going through the years of opening my mouth and people say damn,  you sound fucked up or you go to the grocery store and the ladies say that’s okay baby you ain’t got to talk no more I see your hit is fucked up. Psychologically, that’s draining. But nowadays when people hear my voice there like, ooh your voice sounds so distinct, it so this, it’s so that. So it’s not a real issue now

MANIAC MAGAZINE
Unable To Cope With Obvious Danger In A Modern World
"A Man Who Decided To Beat His Misbehaving Dog With A Loaded Gun"

MANIAC MAGAZINE
"Dont Blame Me, Blame My Parents They Are The Ones Who Were Non-Responsible"


MANIAC MAGAZINE
"A Peace Of Mind Place For Self-Esteem As Human Being. Its A Pity Every Human Being Owns Them"


MANIAC MAGAZINE
"Celebration In Usual Fashion"


MANIAC MAGAZINE
"Ever Lasting Taste"


MANIAC MAGAZINE
"I've Established A Reputation And They Say Its Needs A Lot Of Dedication To Find Yourself In This Position"





No comments:

Post a Comment